BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN ON COVID-19 OUTBREAK (UPDATED)
In response to the worldwide novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have devised a business continuity response at all levels of our organization in order to protect the health and safety of its employees and our customers.
In view of the same, as per the latest instructions from Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 17.05.2020, we have obliged to the lockdown procedures insisted. However, as per the previous order dated 15.04.2020, it has been permitted to operate the industries located in the rural areas as per the guidelines and measures listed by MHA. Considering testing operations as essential services, we have resumed our services with partial staff strength at the premises. Specific approvals have been sought from the local authorities to operate the transport facilities for company staff and the laboratory is operational with the limited manpower, but without any disruptions in the work flow. Social distancing is being maintained in all areas and no internal meetings are conducted unless essentially required.
The following safety protocols and etiquettes will apply:
- Implementation of strict personal hygiene protocols for all employees and customers in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines and Ministry of Health and family welfare (MoHFW).
- Education of all employees and enforcement of social distancing recommendations of the WHO both within the facility and those of our clients.
- Immediate notification of any positive cases of COVID-19 to our HR team.
- All business visits and other operatives performing services at client or third-party premises are required to comply with all hygiene guidelines and to wear the appropriate PPE.
- Employee returning from out of the town/state are being sent for testing Covid-19 at authorized hospital
- Any staff entering inside the premises, are being screened for their body temperature and provided with hand sanitizer before entering their work areas.
Ensuring continuity of critical activities
To ensure that we can meet our clients’ service level requirements we have taken additional measures to safeguard our critical activities in the laboratory and in the field, including the following:
- All our business development and marketing team are continuing to work from home, avoiding any physical means of contact with our customers.
- Business / Customer visits are avoided and all the requirements are done through phone and web services, as required.
- The samples received from the customers during this lockdown period will be quarantined for at least 24 hours to make sure it is free from COVID-19 threat.
- The quarantined samples will be stored at required temperature as per the product category.
- These quarantined samples are being received by the customer services team and taken forward for booking in LIMS and subsequently transferred to the lab for analysis.
- While handling samples, all the staff are insisted to use appropriate PPEs to protect face and hands which comes in contact with the sample.
- The criticality and urgency of the sample analysis is being assessed by the concerned department heads and accordingly analysis is being planned and executed.
- Period of Storage of analyzed samples is extended by 1 month to allow customers to request any retest, if required and applicable.
- Maintenance team is in place to ensure 24 hr. uninterrupted power supply to the instruments and servers/IT room.
- The lab managers, Information Technology (IT), Client Service Department (CSD) and other relevant support functions will be working from home to get engaged in customer’s communications, release of reports and collections etc.
- Technical Support Department (TSD) team will engage at least one personnel in shifts to ensure incessant operations of the instruments and equipment’s installed at our premises.
- The physical activities (including monitoring of laboratory site, facilities, sample receipt and employees) at the premises will be monitored regularly by managerial staff through CCTV footages.
- Security services will be available at the premises.
- All staff members have been insisted to install Aarogya Setu Application in their mobile phones as directed by State Government.
Business continuity and evolution of measures
The rapid spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) around the country and the varied measures taken by central and state governments, are constantly monitored and updated as necessary.
Currently, we have been able to continue operations only on a few functions and the laboratory testing activities are halted, subject to observance of any specific measures taken by local governmental authorities.
For up-dated information on our operational capacity or further information regarding the health and safety protocols implemented, please get in touch with our HR team.
This document will be updated as necessary in response to the evolution of the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. Also, this document will cease whenever the lockdown is lifted/rolled back officially by the government mandates.